|Project 5 - Williamsville, NY
- 11 yr old
- Has Spina
means of mobility is a manual wheelchair
- Father are
was state funded
- The bathroom was too small to give the client necessary maneuvering space.
- The sink and vanity made it difficult for the client to use independetly.
- A lack of grab bars has made the approach to bathroom fixtures difficult.
- The closet in an adjacent bedroom was removed to allow the size of the bathroom to expand to accomodate a roll-in shower.
- The existing toilet was removed and replace with an elevated model.
- The sink and vanity were replaced by a wall-hung sink to provide knee clearance.
- A series of grab bars were installed to faciltate bathroom functions.
Previous | Next
Center for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access