|Project 4 - Salamanca, NY
- 22 yr old
- Mild cerebral palsy
- Moderate mental retardation
- Surgically repaired hip
- Mother is
primary caretaker, who wants to prepare home in the event that a wheelchair is required.
was state funded
bathroom was inaccessible due to lack of clearance space, accessible appliances, and grab bars.
- Client's caregivers found it extremely difficult to help him due to the severe lack of space in the bathroom.
- The size and entrance to the bathroom were increased by relocating walls and reinforcing where necessary.
- A roll-in shower was provided to replace the standard bathtub.
- The existing sink was removed and a wall-hung sink was installed to provide knee clearance.
- The existing toilet was removed and replaced by an elevated toilet
- A series of grab bars was installed to aid the client with bathroom functions.
Previous | Next
Center for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access